Our APS students have settled well into the school routine and are thriving! We have three tutors working at the school, helping to close learning gaps during the pandemic. Our teachers are actively engaged in professional development to also help close the gaps from the last 2.5 years! Progress reports are sent home Nov 18th. Parent teacher interviews are the following week.
ROYAL VALUES AWARDS
BE KIND, BE HUMBLE, WORK HARD, BE BRAVE
Ms McConnell’s 2/3 Class did incredible in their Terry Fox fundraising efforts, and were awarded a pizza prize by Parent Council. Displaying true Royal Values, they have asked the funds be donated instead to Sick Kids hospital.
We recognize their collective spirit of giving!
LITTLE CAESARS PIZZA
We did it! THANK YOU!! At the last minute we hit 100 orders, and secured delivery for WEDNESDAY NOV 23rd. Orders will be available at school pick-up at 3:10pm that day.
HOT LUNCH POLL RESULTS
Thank you for your feedback! Based on results, we will be offering 3 hot lunch options:
TONY’S PIZZA – WEDNESDAY
Slice of pizza: pepperoni Or veggie option will now be offered. Cost: $3
BOSTON PIZZA – FRIDAY
Large variety of pasta options including gluten free. Cost: $5
FRESH FUELL – MONDAY
Small or large size wrap option, with veggie side. Veggie and gluten-free options available. Cost: $5
PARENT COUNCIL UPDATE
Last year’s fundraising efforts have been put to use! We have supported the schools’ purchase of a complete class set of chromebooks, to be shared between the
1/2 and 2/3 classrooms. This year, we are focusing our efforts on supporting tech accessories such as headphones, as well as in school learning opportunities.
Appreciate everyone’s participation and support through the various fundrasiers!
APS HAS AN E-CALENDAR AVAILABLE TO YOU, THAT IS REGULARLY UPDATED.
CHECK IT OUT @ HTTPS://APS.TLDSB.ON.CA/APS-EVENTS/
- School Remembrance Day Ceremony – Nov. 11/22 10:00 am
- Photo retakes – Monday Nov. 14
- Parent-Teacher Interviews – Thursday Nov. 24/22 4:30 – 8:30 (virtual or in-person)
- PA DAY – Friday Nov 25
- Holiday Bazaar – The tradition continues in December. More details to follow on timing of donation drop offs, but start to gather those items!
2022 – 23 STAFF LIST
- Bonnie Tokar – Kindergarten Teacher
- Jennifer Cantin – Kindergarten DECE
- Lesley Forbes – Kindergarten EA
- Kate Ferguson – Grade 1/2 Teacher
- Sara McConnell – Grade 2/3Teacher
- Courtney Tinkler – Grade 4/5 Teacher
- Bianca Fontana – .8 Grade 5/6 Teacher
- Sean Jamieson – .2 Grade 5/6 Teacher + phys ed/music/French
- Kristy Hainer – Spec Ed Resource Teacher (SERT); supports teachers & student learning
- Shelly Rynard – Library Tech – Thursday and Friday only
- Celia VanHamburg – Custodian
- Cheyenne Koenig- Evening Custodian
- Christina Knight – Head Secretary
- Leslie Wright – Principal
CELIA VANHAMBURG – CUSTODIAN
How long have you worked at APS?
Seven or eight years.
Favourite school memory?
The students dyed my hair purple when I first started at APS for a fundraiser.
What do you like most about APS?
We will be holding a book fair from November 28th to December 2nd. The classes are given time to browse during school time and compile a wish list for parent consideration.
It’s time to get into the holiday spirit! Poinsettias are now available through School Cash Online until Nov 20. Pickup on Tuesday Nov 29 after school.