Thank you to our students, parents and staff for working together to make today’s online learning so successful. We are so proud of our Royal community! Online learning will continue for the rest of the week.
Please note, the Ministry of Education has issued a letter to all Ontario parents indicating Elementary school students enrolled in in-person learning will return to class on Monday, January 11th. The full letter can be found on TLDSB.ca
Kawartha Lakes Public Library – Open!
Getting a library card is easy, free and an excellent way for our families to connect with our community.
The library is open from 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM for pick-up
Families can call, email or “like” the library on Facebook for updates and free programming.
Did you know If you complete the book bundle form, library staff will assemble a bundle of 10 books based on age and interest for a scheduled pick up for free?
Some other notable features of our Kawartha Lakes Public library are:
– 100 Books to Read Before Kindergarten www.kawarthalakeslibrary.ca/100books
– Full STEAM Ahead – take home toys and activities such as the Code-A-Pillar, Snap Circuits, Gravity Maze and more. www.kawarthalakeslibrary.ca/fullsteamahead
– Take Home Packs – See the attached graphic for more information. These are popular – and are available on a first come, first serve basis!
– Book Bundles – www.kawarthalakeslibrary.ca/bookbundles
– Virtual Programs – storytimes, craft videos, LEGO challenges etc. www.kawarthalakeslibrary.ca/virtualprograms
– The library is also now Fine Free so if parents/guardians have overdue books, they can bring them back!
– Coming soon, Ontario Parks Day-Use Permits (vehicle and occupants). These will hopefully be available in the next two weeks.
Cold winter months are the perfect time to cozy up with a great book. Keep reading, Royals!