Dear parents and guardians of Alexandra Royals,
All Trillium Lakelands District School Board schools and buildings are currently closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic until September 2020.
On Friday, June 5th 2020, families will be able to collect belongings from Alexandra P.S. School staff will begin contacting families Monday and through early next week to schedule pick up times and review expectations for this process.
Any members of the public entering TLDSB buildings must review the COVID-19 self-assessment page. Take the self-assessment on this website if you think you were exposed to COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) or have symptoms. If any family member has been exposed to COVID-19 or are experiencing symptoms, do not come to the school to retrieve personal belongings.
Limited alternate arrangements for pick up can be made through Mr. Thompson at [email protected]
TLDSB has developed a one-pager that families must review regarding board-wide protocols for families wishing to attend schools to retrieve their belongings. In addition, Alexandra Public School is asking families to review the following information:
- To expedite the process, we will have all belongings in the gymnasium, bagged and labelled when identifiable for each student, on designated classroom tables ready for pick up on June 5th. Additional items that could not be identified with a specific student will be placed with the student’s classroom table in the gym.
- During the week of June 1st, Mrs. Knight will contact you with a 5 minute window from 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM for family item pick-up. Please adhere to your scheduled allocated time provided.
- Please consider just having 1 person per family attend for pick up, where possible, to allow for us to schedule as many families as possible while adhering to our health unit guidelines.
- Visitors will line up at the regular student entrance door (yellow gate / basketball court) to wait to be called.
- Families must be on time and may not be permitted access outside of their regularly scheduled time. Please try not to be more than five minutes early for your appointment to limit the gathering in a line up.
- Practice physical distancing (at least 2 metres or 6 feet apart) at all times while in the parking lot, in any line up to enter the building, and while inside the building.
- All visitors to TLDSB buildings must wash or sanitize hands upon entry and when leaving the building. Washrooms and access to the rest of Alexandra P.S. will not be available.
- Visitors should consider bringing and wearing a face covering/mask while visiting the school in addition to physical distancing and hand sanitizing measures.
- No more than three (3) families will be permitted in the gymnasium at one time.
- Please retrieve belongings and promptly exit the building through the gymnasium doors. Please sanitize at exit and pick up Mr. Thompson’s card in the event you need to discuss additional missing belongings not included in the bagged materials.
- Recycling and garbage bins will be available for unwanted items.
- A staff member will direct visitors to the classroom tables, but will not assist in the collection of materials during the visit.
- Students who require technology borrowed to participate in [email protected] are permitted to keep the device for the summer, if the student is returning to a TLDSB school, and will be returned in September.
- Library books / textbooks will be returned in September.
- Items from the lost and found will be displayed on a table in the gym. We request that you avoid touching any items that you are not absolutely sure are yours.
- Additional clear plastic bags will be available for collection of belongings.
- Any unclaimed/ unwanted items will be disposed of after the regular / alternate scheduled days.
- Please avoid touching surfaces as much as possible.Upon exiting Alexandra P.S. maintain physical distancing and do not congregate on our basketball court, playground or parking lot.
- Should there be missing belongings that were not retrieved through this process, parents are encouraged to pick up Mr. Thompson’s card on the way out and phone/email him on Monday, June 8 to discuss any additional belongings that may be remaining in the school.